Tuesday 18 September 2012

What should be Chelsea's lineup against Juventus?

This Wednesday Chelsea start their defence of the Champions League against the Italian Champions Juventus and the question of what line up Chelsea should be playing against them has come up again after the teams failure beat QPR on the weekend and Torres outburst when being subbed off.

Knowing Di Matteo, I expect this to the be the line up he goes with. Employing Ramires on the right wing, playing Fernando Torres upfront and partnering Lampard and Obi Mikel in the middle again. I wouldn't say that this would be disastrous be any means however we have seen already this season that it isn't quite working at the moment and maybe a little change is in order to keep certain players on their toes.

I think that the time has come for Sturridge to get his chance to start up front. He is a young fearless character so I don't think he would find the tie against Juventus daunting, if anything I can only imagine he would just see it as challenge and raise his game accordingly. This would also help to refocus Torres and remind him he isn't the only striker in the team and hopeful give him that kick to start scoring again.

Ramires on the right wing is not a bad idea as his work rate and defensive capabilities could be affective in the game however I think they would be better suited to the middle of the park helping to close down Pirlo and stopping him from dictating the game, so I would look to play him in the double pivot with Lampard.

Against QPR in Chelsea's last match Di Matteo played Ryan Bertrand on the left wing which I really don't understand when we have so many better attacking options in the team. I think that Victor Moses should be playing on the wings from the beginning so that we take an attacking initiative in the match instead of having to react and bring players of the bench to try to win the game. 


What do you guys think? Have I got it wrong? What lineup would you go for? Leave a comment below

LetsTalk #KTBFF


Follow me on Twitter @LetsTalkChelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment